Thanks to Container Chronicles for giving me the Sunshine Award, which is an award given to bloggers who have been inspirational.
- Nominate 10 other bloggers.
- Give 11 facts about yourself.
Now for the hard part – coming up with 11 things to share with you!
1. Yesterday I got a text from Mr. T.
Wanna have lunch with me today?! I am in the mood for Taco Casa… I would love if you could bring me some.
How does a mom say no to that? 🙂 I love, love, love the fact that my teenager still enjoys spending time with his mom. I love the fact that he enjoys when my hair is purple and isn’t embarrassed by it, and yes, I know that he really wanted Taco Casa (a really good fast food Mexican restaurant for those of you not lucky enough to have one!) but the fact that I got to come along with it was Awesome!
2. My friend Erica and I text pictures of our food to each other. While it’s not normally a competition (usually it’s more of a validation “Look! I cooked!”), yesterday it turned into one. She sent me a great shot of her lunch:
And in return, I sent back this, with the caption “I win”.
Her husband is contesting my “win” currently, but really, I don’t care how bad my bean burritos were compared to her bruschetta chicken, cause my teenage son invited me to sit with him at the table with four of his friends!
3. Here is the tweet that Mr. T sent out after I left. (Mom, just skip this next part, it was funny in context, I swear it was!)
Yes, my son’s Twitter handle is currently Master Sex Appeal. Yes, he is making a duck face in the photo. Yes, he’s wearing makeup. But, we were practicing our Halloween make up that night, and then because it was so funny, we were making duck faces and taking selfies.
4. I cannot make a duck face. I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong, but apparently the duck face selfie is not for me. I heard all of you sighing in relief! You thought I was going to subject you to a duck face selfie, didn’t you?
5. When my son goes out of town, I tend to live on PB&J and cereal. My friends tend to call and make sure I’ve had the PB&J and make sure I’m not just living on cereal.
6. My dad instilled in me a love of Science Fiction and I like to indulge as often as I can.
7. You all know that when Dean Winchester comes to life he will be mine. Mine I tell you! MINE!
8. I found out today that one of my best friends and I have been friends for 29 years. That makes me sound older than I really am!
9. I have multiple ghost/haunted house related activities on my Bucket List. I’m actually pretty sad that my house isn’t haunted.
10. MeatLoaf is one of my favorite artists. Seeing him in concert was a magical experience!
11. I have a Lion King tattoo. Sort of. I have an infinity symbol with Hakuna Matata woven in, and I worked hard for that! Hakuna Matata is Swahili and it really does mean “no worries”.
And now, 10 bloggers that have inspired me, both in the blogosphere and in real life:
- Surviving the Madhouse
- Winding Road
- Little Steps
- Orts of Sorts
- Soul Healing Art
- Mummy Flying Solo
- My Journey to Live an Authentic Life
- Kids “R” Simple
- Me, Myself and Kids
- Graced by Emilie
Please take a moment to visit those I’ve listed above and show some love! Tell them Kate sent you! 🙂
And, now, in honor of Hakuna Matata, here are some bloopers from the movie: