How to Make Your Own Pirate Costume in 10 Easy Steps.
1) Decide to be a Flapper Girl for Halloween. Spend hours perusing the internet and Pinterest. Head to the fabric store and discover that the patterns are only so-so, but more importantly – they don’t have enough fringe in stock.
2) Change your mind on the spot and decide to be a pirate. Hit the books again to find a pattern. And then, when you can’t find one you like, hit up Pinterest for inspiration. Create a secret board where you can dump all of the pins you like, that way, your friends are surprised when they see you!
3) Buy the fabric, guess at all the measurements.
4) Get home and realize you might have to do more than just guess. Find a tutorial that makes you do things like this:
5) Sit down to sew. Realize you don’t remember how to load the bobbin so spend 30 min on YouTube trying not to get distracted by the offerings, and instead actually load the bobbin. I may or may not have watched this video.
I may or may not have just watched it again.
6) Go back to YouTube to figure out how to fix the machine when you break it.
7) Load everything up and head to your parents house when you can’t fix your machine.
8) Find their sewing machine – it has a computer – so much easier!
9) Go eat the last of the homemade ice cream hidden in their freezer after you possibly break their machine.
10) Sew the skirt by hand and decide that the rest of the outfit looks more like a pirate if you don’t sew it at all. 🙂