I’m struggling today. It all just sucks right now. The least of my issues is my big toe.
Monday, on my day off, my mom called and needed me to move some furniture. Which I grudgingly did. As Mr. T and I were placing an item in their garage, somehow or another, I stubbed my toe on the piece. That’s not the bad part. It ripped half of my toe nail off. That freaking hurts! And, here it is days later and it’s still seeping blood. I was able to drip some hydrogen peroxide over it today to clean it; however, I’m still upset over it. This ruins my entire summer. I don’t think I’ll get a discount on my pedicure because they are only doing 9 out of the 10 toes!! So, my ugly toe will be the talk of the pool this summer. My pedicure time has been interrupted and my feet won’t shine in their flip flops this summer. This is a big deal in my world. My toes are always beautiful, decorated, and the envy of all my friends. I’m not a girly-girl, and half of my fingernails are broken, but my toes, oh my toes, they always look so good.
So, due to my ten toes, and in honor of the one that is injured – here is a list of ten things that I felt like sharing!
- I want to be Buffy the Vampire Slayer when I grow up. She’s a total bad-ass, has a great fashion sense and can kill vamps like nobody’s business. I think I have more earrings than she does; however, I totally believe I can pull it off.
- Why are chocolate covered cherries so popular at Christmas time? Why don’t we buy them for each other at other times of the year? And, why do we like them?
- There should be more tie-dye socks in the world. I’m going to have to break down and make me some.
- I will watch Clueless every time it comes on TV, the lessons are never ending! Plus, I love Paul Rudd, loved him before any of you even knew who he was!
- You know the expression “Stop and smell the roses”? Yeah, I do that
- If a recipe has 25 ingredients, you can guarantee I’m not making it. So, as lovely as the Pioneer Woman’s Thai Chicken Wrap looks, that just isn’t happening. But…now I’m hungry. And I want chicken wraps. Especially ones made with 25 ingredients.
- Life is Good!
Okay, there is my list of ten things in honor of my ten toes. I hope at least one item brought a smile to your face!