Having said that, this recipe is a two-parter… and as you now know, that’s not my style, but there was something about the flavor combination that had me ready to spend a few extra minutes in the kitchen!
First, pick your vegetables, and honestly, I just grabbed what I had in the veggie drawer, a zucchini, bell pepper and onion, and then grill them. Now, a real Texan would have fired up her grill. But, it’s 100 dg. and I cheated (see above re: efficiency) and grabbed my indoor grill and got those suckers going.
While those are cooking and filling the kitchen with wonderful smells, it’s time to create some pesto! Homemade pesto is so easy to make, grab your food processor or blender, and toss in a big handful of basil leaves, some pine nuts, some parmesean cheese a bit of garlic and olive oil to help mix it all together. That’s it!
Now, you can also buy a jar at the store, I totally won’t judge you for that, and since you need some goat cheese and whole grain wraps, you’ll already be at the store anyway!
Take your wrap and smear one side with the goat cheese and the other side with pesto, and then top with the grilled vegetables, fold in half and put back on the grill to warm up the pesto and cheese, and voila!
You now have some warm, melty, grilled vegetable quesadillas! And the extra time it took to grill the veggies really brings an extra layer of flavor to the dish, Mr. T didn’t complain once about the meal being vegetarian! I added a handful of grapes and blueberries to the side of the plate and dinner was done!
Grilled Veggie Quesadillas
- red onion
- green bell pepper
- pesto sauce
- goat cheese
- tortillas, whole grain
- anything you have in the fridge that you like grilled 🙂
- Slice the vegetables and brush with oil (or spray with cooking spray, or use a non-stick grill pan) and grill.
- Take your tortilla and spread pesto on one half and goat cheese on the other.
- Place grilled vegetables on cheese side of tortilla, fold in half and place back on the grill.
- Flip over and then remove once each side had reached your desired done-ness. (Yes, that is a word)
- Cut into triangles and enjoy!