Hi guys, it’s time for another handy dandy tutorial based on my life and being shared to enhance yours!
1. The day before your son leaves for a week in Florida, he should make sure you know that his shower head leaks and he flooded the bathroom. You get bonus points if this happens on the same weekend that you are replacing a fence with your neighbor on Friday, and then have a 12 hour fundraiser for his Cheer team on Saturday, with a 5:30 am flight on Sunday.
I think there should be additional bonus points if he uses Every Single Towel to clean it up.
2. Gather your supplies. A quick trip to your favorite Big Box Store should hook you up! And fortunately, replacing a shower head is super simple! You can do this!
3. After removing the broken shower head, you should check the piping to make sure there isn’t anything stuck in the pipe or any obstructions.
That. That is what they want me to stick my fingers in to make sure there aren’t any obstructions? No. Not Happening. That black hole of death is not eating my finger today.
I took my chances and skipped this step. We’ll just pretend the instructions say “optional”.
4. Practice your mantra: Righty-tighty lefty-loosey.
5. No, your other right.
6. Attached the sprayer
7. Cross your fingers. It’s okay to add in a prayer, too.
8. Test the unit.
9. Declare success!! It worked!
Ahem, I mean, of course it worked, it was so easy!
10. Send a picture to your son that you’ve replaced his broken shower head, cause, hello, you’re a Super Mom!
Wait some more.
Determine that he’s never allowed to go on vacation without you again if he can’t at least answer a text!!
Move on with your life anyway.
11. Hear a loud thump from the bathroom shower faucet.
12. Decide it’s totally okay to pretend you didn’t hear it!
And that’s how you Replace a Shower Head in 12 Easy Steps, brought to you by Did That Just Happen Blog!
For the record, the loud bump was the shower caddy sliding forward off the pipe, a quick readjustment fixed that. 🙂