I was tagged by Mother’s Little Steps to participate in a quick Q&A – and well, I can’t say no!
1. When and why did you start blogging?
Peer pressure! Several of my friends are/were bloggers and as I was reading theirs, I felt left out! Seriously, it looked like they were having fun and I was missing out – thus Did That Just Happen Blog was born!
2. Is there any reason behind you blog’s name?
Pretty much the title of my blog sums up my life. Wait until I tell you what happened at Walmart this weekend! They had Advent calendars out, the cheap $2 ones where you get a little piece of chocolate each day, and they had Micky, traditional Santa, and Disney Princesses. Guess which one we have? Go ahead, guess! Guess which advent calendar will be gracing my counter top the entire month of December because Mr. T acted like a perfect 4 year old kid and threw probably the best tantrum in the world!
Mr. T: I want the Princesses
Me: You don’t need the Princesses
Mr. T: I WANT the Princesses.
Me: You don’t need the Princesses, let’s get Santa
Mr. T: I WANT the PRINCESSES
Me: FINE! You can have the Princesses!!
He acted like a perfect 4 year old and I pretty much pulled of the perfect stressed and harried mom of a 4 year old that has a voice that keeps raising in pitch and volume! 🙂 We did get some strange looks – but yeah, that happened.
3. If there’s one thing you dislike about blogging, what would it be?
The pressure to produce. All of the articles about growing your blog, increasing your stats, and getting more views. I love to blog; however, there are times when I see those articles (or when I read them) I start feeling pressure to grow and expand. But, I don’t want that to be my focus. My focus is sharing part of my world and connecting with other bloggers. I’ve met such wonderful people and had some amazing conversations – and that is what I want to focus on – doing what I love!
4. Have you ever thought of quitting your blog?
Totally! I think we all have at one point or another. If I am going to blog, I want it to be genuine and sincere. As such, I can’t have a blogging schedule – it would be too forced!
5. Have any nasty trolls visited your blog and left comments? Care to share them?
Now, who could leave a nasty comment on my blog? 🙂 I’m kidding – I haven’t noticed any trolls, but that is one of the benefits of a small blog, the trolls don’t notice me!
6. Have you written any controversial blog-posts?
I have! It wasn’t really on purpose, as I’m not a very controversial person, but I did write one that stirred up some controversy and lots of discussion. No, I won’t tell you which one it was!
7. Have you ever experienced losing your blogging-mojo? How did you get it back?
Not as much anymore! As I’ve tried to be more organic in my blog, it’s been easier to write! There are times that I have to live my life and I fall behind on blogging, but I’ve learned to be okay with that, and my mojo comes right back!
Thanks Dean! That was fun!
Below are the 7 I am tagging – because you have been great commentators on my blog and should be
tortured rewarded! Below are my 7 questions for you – grab them and go do a Q&A of your own!
- Why did you start blogging?
- If you could throw any kind of party, what would it be like and who would it be for?
- When you have 30 minutes of free time, how do you pass that time?
- At what age did you become an adult?
- What story does your family always tell about you?
- Is a picture worth a thousand words? Explain.