I’m so blessed, I’ve been nominated for a couple of awards and I can’t wait to share them with you – not because I’m so awesome, but because this gives me a chance to introduce you to other bloggers out there that you might not know about!
First off, thanks ever so much to Kerry at Winding Road for nominating me for the Blog of the Year 2013! This award was created by the Thought Palette and the nice thing is, I don’t have to do anything! All I have to do is introduce you people to some of the bloggers who have really impressed me this year! If you don’t follow Kerry at Winding Road, I highly recommend that you do, she is such an inspiration as she pushes her limits, tries new things and help me realize that it’s okay to step outside our comfort zones! Of course, she doesn’t realize that she does all of this, but the fact that she’s doing the daily Haiku challenge for the week pretty much embodies everything I mentioned!
- Graced by Emilie – It’s fun to read about Erica raising her two little kids – she’s about 10 years behind me, so it always brings back good memories! Plus, she frequently posts pictures of her adorable kids!
- Surviving the Madhouse – Holly has become one of my great friends and I have so much fun trying to decipher when she speaks “Canadian”. I kid! And that’s why I love Holly, despite all that she has been through, she still laughs and jokes and teases right back – plus, she loves Doctor Who!
- To See the World in a Grain of Sand – Irish covers such a variety topics on her blog, and it’s always interesting to see what she’ll come up with each day, plus, she’s an avid reader like me! Oh, and she has a nail polish obsession, it’s pretty cool!
- Today’s Manager – Cranston helps me grow as a person and as a manager, his blog is full of wonderful stories that help us become better people and manager ourselves and others!
Thank you Shaun at Looking for reasoning to a complicated world, I am happy to accept the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award. I can’t think of a single topic that Shaun hasn’t addressed in his blog and I think you all should go check him out!
The rules for receiving this award are as follows.
1. Provide a link and thank the blogger who nominated you for this award.
2. Answer 10 questions.
3. Nominate 10-12 blogs that you find a joy to read.
4. Provide links to these nominated blogs and kindly let the recipients know that they have been nominated.
5. Include the award logo within your blog post.
The Questions to be answered
1. Your favorite color – Purple baby! The color of royalty! And it really fits, if I do say so myself!
2. Your favorite animal – Stuffed, like a teddy bear.
3. Your favorite non-alcoholic drink – Sweet tea! I’m from the South, sweet tea is it’s own food group!
4. Facebook or Twitter – Facebook
5. Your favorite pattern – Paisley
6. Do you prefer getting or giving presents? – Both! I love the joy of giving a gift; however, I really do love receiving them, too!
7. Your favorite number? – All of the even ones! Some of the odd ones. I like the ones that will be on my winning lottery ticket!
8. Your favorite day of the week? – Saturday and some Tuesdays – the occasional Thursday. Wednesdays are good, too.
9. Your favorite flower? – Um, one that smells pretty, doesn’t require much maintenance, doesn’t have a lot of pollen. I don’t know flowers, so I can’t give you a real answer. What’s that one that looks like a bird? Or, is there a purple one?
10. What is your passion? – Life. My passion is making sure that I participate in my life! And my son, I’m pretty passionate about that. And cookies… I would have to say that cookies make me pretty passionate.
All of the links should open in a new window, and they are my fellow female bloggers from around the world. You won’t be disappointed if you click and check them out!
- Journey to the Finish Line
- Mummy Flying Solo
- Kids “R” Simple
- Winding Road
- My Journey to Live an Authentic Life
- Mom Times 4
- A Life in Rambles
- Ort of Sorts
Thank you very much Vanessa at Pink Butterflies for nominating me for this award! I think you all should go give Vanessa a follow, her blogs are always so much fun to read!
Rules for accepting the Awesome Blog Content (ABC) Award.
- Display the Award on your Blog.
- Announce your win with a post and thank the Blogger who awarded you.
- Present 8 deserving Bloggers with the Award.
- Link your awardees in the post and let them know of their being awarded with a comment.
- Write a word or phrase about yourself for each letter of the Alphabet.
8 other deserving Blogs to receive this award.
- Little Steps
- The Smirking Cat
- The Book Boozer
- Who or What Was That
- Kimberly Harding – Soul Healing Art
- Free But Fun
- Aussa Lorens
- The Mmmmm family
Words or phrases about me for each letter of the Alphabet.
- A – Awesome
- B – Bumbling
- C – Cowboys!
- D – Dog Lover
- E – Energetic
- F – Faith
- G – Gratitude
- H – Hi!
- I – I hate these things!
- J – Just won’t end…
- K – Kudos for making it this far!
- L – Loving
- M – Mom
- N – Never ending list…
- O – Optimistic
- P – Party Girl
- Q – Quintessential
- R – Rugged
- S – Single
- T – Troublemaker
- U – Unique
- V – Vexing
- W – Whatchu lookin’ at?
- X – X Chromosome
- Y – Y are there so many letters?
- Z – Zebra. (I kinda gave up)
I’m really hoping that all of you go check out Kerry, Shaun and Vanessa, and the other bloggers that I have nominated in this post. There are so many wonderful blogs out there and it’s always good to keep an eye out for someone new!
Thanks for sticking through to the end! There are so many wonderful bloggers out there and if I failed to list you, it’s an oversight on my part, not yours! Thanks to all of you for being there for me, reading my posts, my comments and for keeping me entertained!