Labor Day is a yearly national holiday that celebrates all the work we’ve done throughout the year. You would think that a holiday that is set up to reward me for all my hard work would be the one that I don’t do anything, and I came close!
I did do a little shopping, a lot of hanging out in the pool, some crafting and catching up on my sleep! Mr. T is off for opening weekend of dove season, so I had the weekend without him. He’s having fun and I’m so proud of him. I really do enjoy watching him morph from little boy into the man he is going to be. It’s such a process and it fills me with such pride that he is mine. I know I give him grief, and tell you all about the challenges he presents me on a weekly basis, but I’m so very blessed with that kid it just fills my heart!
Here is what I’ve learned so far on my holiday weekend:
- The sock bun is almost as easy as it looks.
- Just because your hair will go into a sock bun doesn’t mean it will stay in the sock bun.
- When buying ribbon for a project – BUY THE SECOND SPOOL! You can always return it if you don’t need it.
- You can’t run back to Hobby Lobby on Sunday to get another spool of ribbon, so your project will sit half way done on the table all day long.
- When you color your hair purple and then wrap it up in a Walmart sack to protect, well, everything around you, you will accidentally rub the color into your scalp at your hairline and you will have a purple scalp that will take days to wash out.
- You will not be able to visit people when your scalp and hairline is purple without a massive scarf.
- Not all of your friends are amused when you tell them that you are getting them all pill dispensers for Christmas.
- It’s not my fault that we are getting older and all of the sudden 90% of the people in my life are on pills/supplements/etc. It’s not, I swear.
- You know your dog is spoiled when your mom calls to find out if she should stop by and visit him since you are out of town.
- I also learned that your real friends are there for you no matter what, and that when you are accepted for who you are, there is no better feeling in the world.
So, that was my weekend! And I still have one more day of it! I’m so excited! Mr. T will be back late this afternoon from dove hunting. Last I heard, he didn’t score any doves, but did get a rabbit!
- Oh, one more… You can never watch the A-Team movie too many times in one weekend!