I am so blessed! I’ve been nominated for a few more awards, and in the interest of saving time and not boring you, I’m going to break tons of rules and I’m also going to combine them in one post so that you aren’t bombarded by my bragging!
Mummy Flying Solo nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award. I love this award because the name says it all “Versatile”, embracing a variety of subjects, fields or skills. I like the idea that I’m versatile!
- Display the Award Certificate on your website/blog. Check!
- Announce your win with a post. Make sure to post a link back to me as a ‘thank you’ for the nomination. Check!
- Present 15 awards to deserving bloggers. Kinda Check!
- Drop them a comment to tip them off after you have linked them in the post. I might do this… or not!
- Post 7 interesting things about yourself. Yeah Right!
- I’m a Cancer. Not that I subscribe to the mass cultural delusion that the sun’s apparent position relative to arbitrarily defined constellations at the time of your birth somehow affects your personality. (15 points if you can name that show)
- TV teaches me things – I’ve learned that if you are a secret Santa and you draw the name of a gay man, you get him a cashmere scarf. A bunch of singing kids taught me this (only 10 points for that show)
- I’m a kid at heart and love kid movies. Seriously, Pixar and Dreamworks have kept me going for the last several years with laughter and lessons. The secret ingredient is there is no secret ingredient. It’s all about you. (20 points if you can guess the movie.)
Okay. Apparently I only have three interesting things to share about myself. Oh, I’m sure there are more, but this really puts me on the spot – so how about a shameless plug? “If you’d like to find out more interesting things about me – Read My Blog!!!”
In no particular order:
- Who or What Was That – if you don’t follow Karaboo’s blog full of code names and drama – you really should! Between work, family and friends, her blog covers everything – click the link above to read about The Great Mustard War of 2013.
- Arash Recovery – I found Arash when he was Freshly Pressed, and so I’m sure at that time many of your saw him too, but if you never read more than that one post you are denying yourself the opportunity to get to know a wonderful man who shares his journey of recovery from an injury that does not define him.
- The (not so) Secret Life of a PhD Student – I am constantly surprised at how much I learn – and how much I enjoy learning – when I open a new post. I remember my mom getting her PhD, and it is interesting to see the struggle that the students go through. We also get links to articles that Student has published, and I’ve been impressed!
- Shut Up Dad – cracks me up all the time. We recently were both lamenting the fact that we have to let go of our favorite t-shirt. He also has a second blog about the comic book he is writing. Talk about versatile!
- Today’s Manager – I’m pretty new to following this blog, but I love the way Cranston approaches and offers solutions to common work place situations. It’s not often that I have to exercise my role as Manager, but I love the articles and keeping my skills fresh and gathering ideas on how to deal with my employees. Plus, his last article was titled “Booger Fingers”. How can you not read that?
- Sarah’s Brand New Chapter – Sarah is newly married, can’t cook and just got a new job. Despite all of that, I still tend to identify with her and her struggles and her good times. Her stories are ones that my girlfriends and I tell each other and I’m having fun reading her journey, check her out!
Mummy Flying Solo also nominate me for the Wonderful Team Membership Award. This one fills my heart because part of blogging goal was to participate. I didn’t want to be an impersonal blogger that spews forth all of this gibberish, but doesn’t take time to connect. This is harder than you think, because, at heart, I’m a hermit. It is hard for me to make connections, and I work hard to be a better person and to connect with others. So, I feel happy being presented with this, it means that I’m participating! I’m mingling! (Okay, you can double your points here and get 45 if you can name that movie – but it’s old school!)
I also love this award because there are no rules!! I don’t have to do anything; however, I want to. I want to make sure you all know Me, Myself and Kids. MMK was one of the first people that I connected with when I began blogging, and since then we’ve each done guest posts on each others pages and even a chain blog. MMK has been my mentor and my inspiration. He was there when I was ready to quit blogging shortly after starting and he is always there to offer support and encouragement and help point me in the right direction. I highly recommend checking out Me, Myself and Kids, blog, you won’t be sorry!
Thank you to everyone who reads my blog and follows my adventures. I look forward to many more years together!